Amarpal Sidhu, Craig Appleton, Colonel Stuart Tootal, Iain Gale and Robert Lyman
20 April 2013, 10.30am - 5.30pm
Join us at the Museum to determine which battle most tested Britain's might, strategies and courage.
Your votes have selected Waterloo, Aliwal, D-Day/Normandy, Rorke's Drift and Imphal/Kohima as the five most significant battles. A range of distinguished speakers will cover what makes these five conflicts truly worthy of the title 'Britain's Greatest Battle'.
- 10.25am - Welcome and introduction by Robert Evans
- 10.30am - Waterloo - Iain Gale
- 11.30am - Interval
- 11.45am - Rorke’s Drift - Craig Appleton
- 12.45pm - Lunch break
- 1.45pm - D-Day/Normandy - Colonel Stuart Tootal
- 2.45pm - Interval
- 3.00pm - Aliwal - Amarpal Sidhu
- 4.00pm - Interval
- 4.15pm - Imphal/Kohima - Robert Lyman
- 5.15pm - Conclusion and final remarks
Tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
- Telephone: 020 7881 6600
- Online: Use the booking form on this page or visit the Museum Shop
- At the Museum
A concessionary rate is available to SOFNAM members, students, seniors and service personnel. Concession tickets can be booked over the telephone but must be collected with proof of ID.