Find out about the work of Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole and how they helped the soldiers in the Crimea.
Can you nurse a wounded Crimean soldier back to health?
Set sail across the sea with Florence and Mary and assist them with their work in the Crimea.
Help Mary to run her hotel and find out how she made medicines for the soldiers. Then join Florence as she cares for the sick and injured soldiers at the Scutari hospital.
This session is 60 minutes long and includes:
- Multi-sensory learning
- Handling objects
- Role play
- Supported with Makaton (please ask when booking)
- Limited to 10 pupils, plus supporting adults, per session
- The National Army Museum is fully wheelchair accessible.
- There are lifts to each floor.
- The Museum also has a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- We are usually able to accommodate school minibuses. However, this must be booked in advance of your visit.
This session was developed in partnership with Peoplescape Theatre Company.