Twenty years ago, the ban on homosexuality in the Armed Forces was lifted. Join us as we reflect on this historic moment and examine the progress that has been made.
Led by the Army LGBT+ Forum, Army and the Arts and the National Army Museum, this afternoon will be spent exploring how far the Army has come in breaking down stereotypes and challenging preconceptions over the past two decades.
Following a panel discussion from 2.30pm, members of the Army LGBT+ Forum will take visitors on a short tour of Soldier gallery and talk about their personal experiences in the Army.
Hosted by Army LGBT+ Forum Chair, Captain Jamie Carrahar, the panel will include:
- Sergeant Lowe-Barrow - recently awarded an MBE for his work in Army Diversity
- Craftsman Cameron Atkins - recent Army recruit
- Lance Coporal Hamish Gorsuch-Wright - British Army Diversity Ally 2019
- Heather Marshall - Director of Creative-Electric Theatre who performed with an LGBT and disabled cast at Army @ The Fringe 2019
- James Moore - Director and writer of 'Poster Boy' based on the autobiography of James Wharton, formerly of the Household Cavalry Regiment, who was a Soldier magazine cover story